Friday, December 2, 2011

Coming to a mailbox near you...

By now, most of you have already or should soon be receiving our Save the Dates cards in your mailboxes!  Although Save the Date cards are not mandatory, Marc and I decided to send them to a few of our guests for a variety of reasons.  First, we have a lot of family coming from the East Coast that we really want to attend and wanted to give everyone enough notice so that they had ample time to make travel arrangements.  Also, we’re getting married in the middle of the summer so we knew people would be planning their vacations and wanted to at least let everyone take our big day in consideration.  Finally, because I like being creative!

I should probably start off by saying that I absolutely LOVE paper!  When I was a kid, the best part about going back to school wasn’t seeing my friends again, but the chance to go back-to-school shopping so that I could go home and thumb through all my new fresh notebooks and fill up my binders with new reams of paper.

Once the date was actually set, I started designing (as in teaching myself Photoshop and Illustrator). I knew I didn’t want to do anything like a formal invitation and wanted it to be simple, but whimsical. And nothing says “whimsical” like a fun font!  None of the Microsoft Word fonts equipped on my computer were going to work so I went to www.dafont.com to find something more to my liking.  I ended up downloading the “Channel” font, which Marc refers to as the “I Dream of Jeannie” font.

Several hours later, our Save the Dates were created! Several more hours later they were letterpressed (another blog entry for another time) by yours truly.  Several more hours later, the envelopes were stuffed, stamped, and hand-addressed by who else, but me. They were a true labor of love, but the more time I spent on them, the more special they were to me.





I’ve already gotten a few messages from my friends complimenting them, and it makes me so incredibly happy that other people appreciate them too!



No comments:

Post a Comment