Friday, December 30, 2011

Ring Out the Old, Ring In the New!



Before you roll your eyes about New Year's resolutions and write them off as stupid and something-I’m-not-gonna-stick-to-anyway-so-why-bother, just take a moment and ask yourself if it’s really such a bad thing to have goals for yourself?  I think New Year’s Resolutions can be wonderful.  I love the tradition of reflecting on the past year, identifying the changes that I want to see and resolving to follow through with those changes.  For me, writing my resolutions helps me define what kind of person I want to be, what I want to manifest in the new year, and how I'll live up to my potential.

So in 2012, I resolve to:

1.    Run a half marathon - I’ve always wanted to do one, and training for it should keep me healthy and active! 

2.    Volunteer at least 3 events - Everyday, I am grateful to be healthy, have so many supportive friends and family, and a job that I love. 2011 was a very hard year for a lot of people, and it's important to take time from our busy lives to help others.


3.    Read 12 books from 12 different genres - Being an attorney involves so much reading that I rarely want to read outside of the office.  I thought I would aim to read 1 book a month from 12 different genres which should help me rediscover my love of reading and hopefully expand my literary knowledge!

4.    Take a class or workshop on something I haven’t done before (today, I'm thinking millinery!)- Time waits for noone and you’re never too young or old to learn a new skill.

5.    Make a new recipe every month - I want to improve my culinary skills and there are still so many things I haven’t tried yet.  Hopefully this will not only give me the chance to be bold and try new recipes, but also give me the chance to invite friends over to share in my adventure.

One year is out and another quickly fills in. I welcome you 2012 with open arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment